Sharepoint to Inforpath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sharepoint to Inforpath form

Last post 03-15-2017 08:08 PM by MichaelHindle. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2017 10:31 PM

Sharepoint to Inforpath form

Hi all hoping someone can help or lead me in the right direction....

I have 2 data connections to an InfoPath form. Second data source holds majority of information. 

What I am trying to do is build a calculated field in my SharePoint list to house the InfoPath form as a URL link. I have several lines of data on the SharePoint list that I want the InfoPath form to read the ID and prepopulate the form. So URL would be built in a Column on each line populating the InfoPath form when pressed.

1. I have created the form and the calculated field and it is clinking to each list line. however I am not sure its correct.

=("<a target='_blank' href='https://oursites.dhsstaff.dhs.gov.au/Groups/61019708/LEARN/Lists/Nominations/Item/newifs.aspx?ID='[ID]'>Nominate</a>")

2. Second issue is filtering the data in the InfoPath form to read the ID that is associated with the data connections.  

Hope this makes sense. 

I am  new to this sort of stuff so I apologies  

• 03-10-2017 07:27 AM In reply to

Re: Sharepoint to Inforpath form

Is your InfoPath form a regular library form? Or is it a SharePoint List form that has been customized in InfoPath?

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-11-2017 03:04 AM In reply to

Hi. It's a list that's been made into a infopath form. Main data source will hold the data I want to collect. Secondary data source will be used to get the information. Also have repeating table and non repeating. The information I want to use as a link will be from the non repeating table. If that makes sense
  • 03-14-2017 03:11 PM In reply to

Still stuck on this if anyone can help.

• 03-14-2017 03:34 PM In reply to

Sorry - didn't mean to miss this! So - I'm still kinda confused - can you add some screenshots or something to help me? You can attach a zip file under the options tab in a reply - maybe add some screenshots & details to a Word doc?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-14-2017 08:37 PM In reply to

I have attached some documents.

As you can see I am trying to write the hyperlink using a calculated field. My issue is when I click on the nominate button it pulls one piece of data when I actually need to pull the line it corresponds with.

Hope that makes sense 

• 03-15-2017 07:33 AM In reply to

Is the form you are trying to open with the hyperlink a SharePoint List form? Based on the URL in your first post, I'd think you are. And the link should open a new copy of the form, and you are trying to pass in the ID as an input parameter?

Based on this:
    when I click on the nominate button it pulls one piece of data when I actually need to pull the line it corresponds with

I'm wondering if you have things working partly, but just need to add logic to get the rest of the data into the form? 

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-15-2017 08:08 PM In reply to

Yes That is exactly what I want to do, but it just keeps pulling 1 piece of data.

I don't have access to forms via SharePoint  so I can't do the normal query string web parts.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.