Accessing the queryFields on a secondary connectio - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Accessing the queryFields on a secondary connectio

Last post 07-27-2005 12:48 AM by bobstery. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2005 04:09 AM

Accessing the queryFields on a secondary connectio

I have 3 web services as secondary connections that I wish to call, however I need to set the paramaters (accessed by somehow changing the queryField elements of the data connection) before querying the web service.

I can access the DOM of the secondary connection, however I cannot set the individual parameters. When viewing the doms text (by using XDocument.GetDOM("precallScheduled").text in the Jscript) I can see the sample data I set when first creating the connection e.g. 1testamfalse.

If this was split down the first parameter is 1, then "test", "am" and the result from the web service is false.

However when trying to access the element with the following :

XDocument.GetDOM("precallScheduled").selectSingleNode("/dfs:myFields/dfs:queryFields/tns:precallScheduled/tns:comments")

I get an error stating that the tns namespace doesn't exist, however I have opened the XML file and that is definately the structure.

How do I change the sample parameters before calling the webservice?

Many Thanks
  • 07-26-2005 11:40 AM In reply to

Re: Accessing the queryFields on a secondary connectio

You need to set the namespaces for each DOM you use. InfoPath does this for you at the top of your script.js file. You can use that as an example of what you need to do to set the namespaces for your "precallScheduled" DOM. The namespaces must be set in order for you to effectively perform node selections on that DOM.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPath Dev
  • 07-27-2005 12:48 AM In reply to

Re: Accessing the queryFields on a secondary connectio

Many Thanks for the quick reply, your response was correct.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.