Lookup Column - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Lookup Column

Last post 02-03-2017 07:44 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2017 03:44 PM

• Akuma
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 13

Lookup Column

Hello I tried to search on this but couldn't find anything related. Basically I have a list of names that has a lookup column that looks back into itself (not a different list) for the title column. This creates a lookup field that gives me a full list of all names contained in the list. When I attempt to display that lookup field in a repeating table, it gives me numbers not text. When I researched this issue it says that InfoPath is returning the id of the lookup and not the value and that you need to use a calculated column to return the value however I can't seem to get it to work and the examples given were for lookups in different lists not an internal lookup. Any idea how I can display the value of the lookup?
  • 02-03-2017 07:44 AM In reply to

It should be pretty similar to the samples you found - just add a calculated value that uses a filtered XPath to return the display name. Feel free to attach your form under the Options tab in a reply (with some hints on where to look for the data you need added!) and I can give you a hand w/ this. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.