Set Default Value in Dropdown list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Set Default Value in Dropdown list

Last post 10-09-2016 02:30 AM by Kodakid. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2016 01:03 PM

Set Default Value in Dropdown list

I have secondary data connection reading a sharepoint custom list with 2 columns 1. Line Manager (person picker) 2. Staff Member ( person picker) I have assigned a dropdown list to this data connection which displays the managers however I am attempting to set the default value of the dropdown to the line manager of the staff member currently accessing the form. I cannot determine the filter for this to work. I have attempted on form load using Line Manager display name where the staff member account id = username () So in short Display the name of the line manager by default of the Staff member accessing the form.
  • 09-29-2016 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Set Default Value in Dropdown list

Oh, that sounds right. What is the result you are getting when you try this? Is the dropdown set to use display name for both the display and the value? Maybe drag the data field that is currently bound to the dropdown onto the form again as just a text box so you can see if any value is getting set at all?

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-09-2016 02:30 AM In reply to

Re: Set Default Value in Dropdown list

Hi Hilary - Thanks for your response. I ended up using a person picker and have it default to the current users manager on on form load. That way the user could select alternative manager from the managers sharepoint goup if required.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.