Repeating table data saved to internal xml file for static use - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating table data saved to internal xml file for static use

Last post 06-23-2016 02:26 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2016 04:53 PM

Repeating table data saved to internal xml file for static use

Scenario: Primary list of Project Plans. Second list of Project Milestones. There is a many to one relationship where each Project Milestone has a ProjectPlanID that matches a single record in the Project Plans list. Primary Goal: When a new Scorecard form is created and a ProjectPlanID is selected, display a repeating table with all of the associated Project Milestone data. Secondary Goal: When the Scorecard is opened, do not retrieve fresh data. Instead display data in the repeating table of what existed when the form was last saved. My understanding is that while the form creation (or an event handling button) can run the data source query and retrieve the data, it does not store that data in the form. In order to keep a static copy of the data, it must be saved within the form, but since it is a repeating table, it cannot be stored within the form fields. Instead, the data can be stored in and xml file which is part of the .xsn. I believe I've seen the solution provided within INFOPATdev before, but cannot locate it. I know it is not a codeless solution, but I'm willing to take on the additional work. First question: Can this solution be created and still use web forms? Second: Can anyone provide the steps, or point me to where they've already been posted? Greg
    Greg W Appelt
  • 06-23-2016 02:26 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating table data saved to internal xml file for static use

Right - you are going to have to copy the data from the secondary data source into your main data source. Code or qRules can do this - code that does this should be okay for use in the browser. Here's a link that may help you get started.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.