Update List via Data Connection Broke - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Update List via Data Connection Broke

Last post 06-24-2016 12:40 PM by stevehn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2016 02:26 PM

Update List via Data Connection Broke

Hi everyone,

I have something that worked for over a year and now it's broken and I can't figure out why.  I have a Main Custom list that has a data connection data from another list GateList (GateName, SeedGateNumber)

When the user created a record in the Main list and selected a gate name then I get the max SeedGateNumber and increment that by one and assign that number to the one of the fields in the Main list.  At the same time I also update the SeedGateNumber in the GateList with the new number.  It is basically a unique sequential record id increment for each of the record in the Main list.

The trigger for the update of the SeedGateNumber in the Gatelist is done via a button Rule.  Run Actions: set a field's value from myDataConnection\myFields\dataFields\SeedGateNumber field name with the value of the incremented value.

Data Connection is set to receive data.  Greatly appreciated if anyone can help me troubleshoot this.

Steve

• 06-23-2016 02:23 PM In reply to

Re: Update List via Data Connection Broke

How are you updating the SeedGateNumber in the GateList? Is that piece still working? Sorry, just trying to understand what is broken. :)

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-23-2016 02:33 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Updating SeeGateNumber in the GateList is the part that is not working.

• 06-23-2016 02:40 PM In reply to

So - how were you updating it? Code? CAML & the lists web service? Workflow?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-24-2016 12:40 PM In reply to

Too focus on the dataconnection area that I did not realize that my Workflow was not working. Found out that it went into suspended mode.  Either someone played a trick on me by disabling the "Workflows can use app permissions" site feature or the company pushed out recently and left it inactive mode.

Everything is working now.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.