Keep qRulesLink updated when file attachments and form move to new libraries - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Keep qRulesLink updated when file attachments and form move to new libraries

Last post 05-18-2016 04:58 AM by Laurie Wheeler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2016 12:54 PM

Keep qRulesLink updated when file attachments and form move to new libraries

I'm using SharePoint 2013 with a WHALE sized Sandboxed Browser InfoPath form template.

I have a Form library with a field formName that is unique for each form library in the list, this formName is used to create the first folder in the file attachments library.  During the end of life cycle for the form an administrator checks a box indicating the form is ready for archive.  Once this field is checked (true) – a workflow will copy the Form to a separate library for ‘archive’ storage, and after some validation has been done, the Workflow will delete the original.  The reason is that we will quickly reach 5,000 items in these libraries with a few months.

I also want to move the associated form attachments folders and files into an ‘archive attachments’ library keeping its structure, and keep qRulesLink updated in the form to where the new attachments are located.

Q: Is there a way to update the qrulesLink field in the form to point to the new archive attachments location? (siteURL/Library/folder/subfolder/file)  - Either with rules in the form, or via a workflow.

The picture attached may help show what I'm trying to do.

Laurie Wheeler
  • 05-17-2016 10:23 AM In reply to

Re: Keep qRulesLink updated when file attachments and form move to new libraries

I think I'd promote the qRules Link field and set it to be able to be written to in the library - then you could use workflow. It will be problematic if you are submitting repeating attachments, however - not sure if you are. You might also be able to use rules in the form - but I would think workflow would be easiest if this is not repeating data....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-18-2016 04:58 AM In reply to

Re: Keep qRulesLink updated when file attachments and form move to new libraries

We do use repeating attachments in two different sections of the form.. but when these files are archived, one of those sections will already be empty of file attachments. I will give that a try in our Dev environment and see how it goes.  I will post a reply as to how it works out.

Laurie Wheeler
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.