Submit to SharePoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit to SharePoint List

Last post 03-08-2016 03:22 PM by Rommel Sta. Juana. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2016 10:43 PM

Submit to SharePoint List

Hi,

Good day. We had been using the SubmitToSharePointList for quite some time and it is working well until some of our user just reported that the comments that they are putting in is not being save. What the command does for us is first it creates a new item in list as comment history and the other one is that it updates a SharePoint List using the /id parameter.

What happen is that for a certain length of text, 238 to be exact, the command will be able to create a new item in List 1 but it will fail to update an item in List 2. Both the List 1 and List 2 does have a text field column. 

For some troubleshooting, what I did is I reduce the number of characters from 238 down to a significant number and it works in creating a new item in List 1 and also updating a text field in List 2.

Not so sure what is happening with List 1 where it is failing to update a text field but when reducing the number of characters, it does work.

Regards,

Rommel

• 03-08-2016 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Submit to SharePoint List

So - is the field you are submitting to a plain text field? Have you tried changing it to mulitline? What does the qRules error node return when you have more than 238 chars?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-08-2016 03:22 PM In reply to

Re: Submit to SharePoint List

Hi Hilary,

Good day. As I try to send to you the error node, and do some testing, the command is now working for submitting new items to a list and updating an item to a separate list. What I did is disabled all other command and it works. What I will try now is to add one by one the commands that I had disable to see which step might be causing the issue. I will report back once I'm done on the testing.

Regards,

Rommel

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.