qRules Commands not working - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

qRules Commands not working

Last post 11-12-2015 02:10 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2015 05:06 AM

• klink
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 99

qRules Commands not working

I don't know if it's our dev environment setup, or my form, or what, but the qRules commands aren't working in  the browser. 

• Injected with qRules 7.1
    • Administrator-approved
    • Claims based site
    • useWebServices set on finishedLoading
    • SPListSubmit is converted to udc

I have a button that sets Command to SubmitToSharePointList /submit=SPListSubmit /mapping=mapping.  When I click the button, nothing.  No Result errors, it just sits there.  Fiddler shows nothing happened.  It's like it just sets the field but doesn't run the command. 

This form of course works in InfoPath.  ARGH!  Am I missing something, or is the environment not set up right? ARGH!

• 11-11-2015 07:37 AM In reply to

Re: qRules Commands not working

Did you set postback on the button to Always under the button's properties in the browser tab?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-11-2015 12:21 PM In reply to

• klink
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 99

DOH!  I know you have told me to do that before!  It is now done, and one of my buttons works, but not the one with the submit.   There are 5 rules on the submit button, and it does them all except for the actual submit.  ='(

• 11-11-2015 12:35 PM In reply to

What is the "actual submit"? Is that the qRules SubmitToSharePointList command? Anything in the error node?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-11-2015 12:41 PM In reply to

• klink
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 99

Sorry.  Yes, it is the SubmitToSharePointList command:  SubmitToSharePointList /submit=SPListSubmit /mapping=mapping

Nothing in the error node.  =( 

• 11-11-2015 02:04 PM In reply to

If the button is a "submit" button (so the rules are under the submit rules) maybe try changing to Rules instead. Or add another button with the same rules & see what happens. Any rules with a "don't run the rest of the rules if this condition is met" checkbox selected?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-12-2015 06:28 AM In reply to

• klink
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 99

The button is not a "submit" button.

I tried adding another button with just the submit rule.  Nothing, although Fiddler now recognizes that I clicked the button.  I even created a new mapping and tried that.

I am going to email you the .xsn.  If you have the time, please take a look to see if you see anything wrong. 

• 11-12-2015 08:00 AM In reply to

I'm confused again - I thought you said it was working in preview / filler? Is that the case? Any rate, I got your XSNs and I'll try to take a look later today. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-12-2015 02:10 PM In reply to

Just updating this thread per our email conversation - turns out there was an error on a date time and resolving that allowed your form to submit correctly to the list. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.