Remove qRules without Visual Studio - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Remove qRules without Visual Studio

Last post 09-11-2015 01:50 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2015 09:12 AM

Remove qRules without Visual Studio

I injected qRules for some testing and decided not to use it. A coworker did extensive development on the qRules injected form by mistake, so using the backed up copy to remove it will cause a lot of rework. Because I don't want to continue doing Central Admin publishing, I want to remove qRules from the form. I am able to remove the data connection and the resource file. When I go to remove the code I get prompted for Visual Studio, which I don't have. How can I remove it without having VS?
  • 09-11-2015 09:17 AM In reply to

Re: Remove qRules without Visual Studio

Hi, you can remove it from the source files, and I'm happy to provide you with instructions for that - or you can send me the template at Support AT Qdabra DOT Com and I'll be happy to help you with this.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-11-2015 09:24 AM In reply to

Thank you for the fast reply. Instructions would be preferred. Thanks!
  • 09-11-2015 09:30 AM In reply to

You bet - so, under the Publish options in the backstage, you should be able to export the form files. Export the files to a folder and close the form. In the source files, look for the QdabraRules DLL (the full name will vary depending on what version you injected, but the file extension is "dll"). Then, open manifest.xsf in a text editor and search for the file name (or just on .dll) - you'll find something like this:

<xsf:file name="Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.dll">
        <xsf:fileProperties>
         <xsf:property name="fileType" type="string" value="rootAssembly"></xsf:property>
        </xsf:fileProperties>
       </xsf:file>

Delete the entire file node.  Save the manifest. Then right click on it and select design to see if the form opens back up in design mode - if it doesn't the error details should have more info about what's going on - it is easy to make a mistake, so if you have trouble let me know & I'll happily give you a hand. Once you have it open in design mode, File > Save As packs it back up into an XSN.

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-11-2015 01:34 PM In reply to

Easy peasy. Thanks for your help.
  • 09-11-2015 01:50 PM In reply to

Awesome, thanks for letting me know you got it taken care of - For anyone who runs across this post in the future, be sure to remove any rules that use fields in the QdabraRules data source before removing the data source and the XML resource file.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.