Loading form takes 45 to 60 seconds - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Loading form takes 45 to 60 seconds

Last post 03-06-2007 12:16 PM by Greg Collins. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2007 09:05 AM

• lou131
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-12-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 89

Loading form takes 45 to 60 seconds

A follow up to my other posted message.

My infopath 2003 form has 6 views and when the form is initially launched from Sharepoint 2003, it takes approx 45 seconds to load. I have a lot of things built into the form but I can't image that this is normal.

Any suggestions on improving performance is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Lou
  • 03-06-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Loading form takes 45 to 60 seconds

There are a lot of things that could affect your performance in such a way. It is not likely the number of view (unless they are loaded with large graphic files!), but could be related to your SP server, the server connection speed, the number of data connections you have, the amound of data loaded, the number and types of controls in your view, the number of repeating sections, tables, etc.

There have been numerous discussions on performance in these forums and other places. If you really want to track it down, back up your form template, then start deleting things from it and publish it back and see when performance increases. Keep doing this until you find what stuff was deleted that makes a difference, then go to your back up and make appropriate changes.
  • 03-06-2007 12:16 PM In reply to

Re: Loading form takes 45 to 60 seconds

PS. Double-posting in these forums is a no-no. Please only post once...your post will be seen.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.