Save as Draft in Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList /submit - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Save as Draft in Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList /submit

Last post 08-19-2015 10:01 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2015 01:37 PM

Save as Draft in Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList /submit

Hello, I am building a Payment request form with following functionality using SharePoint 2010, Infopath 2010 Rich client forms and qRules 7.1 : 1) Infopath 2010 Form with header and line items and various rules. 2) Form should have ability to: a) "Save as Draft" - which will save form to SharePoint forms library as well data to SharePoint corresponding custom lists b) "Submit" the form - which then initiates an approval workflow (initial design is use SharePoint designer but your suggestion are greatly appreciated) Submit action will send email with custom/ dynamic subject and body email messages to managers (planning to use SharePoint groups) I have referred to the below article but it does cover how to submit the form to both multiple lists and SharePoint forms library. http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2012/05/30/qrules-submittosharepointlist-walkthrough-for-v4-2.aspx Refer to this "InfoPath “Save Draft” Form Functionality – A Better Way" article http://www.wonderlaura.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=144 which covers the topic. I would like to know how to Save to Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList. Btw., I have used qRule 6.1 earlier and created mapping.xml for SharePoint list submission.
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-17-2015 06:33 AM In reply to

Re: Save as Draft in Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList /submit

I haven't received any support on my above post yet. Can I have 2 submit data connections? One for SubmitToSharePointList and one for Form submit? Can anyone answer to my original post?
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-17-2015 07:46 AM In reply to

Re: Save as Draft in Form Library as well as Submit data to SharePoint list using SubmitToSharePointList /submit

Hi - Yes, you can have two submit data connections. In the rules on your button that you are using for your submit, first run the qRules command to submit your list items, then execute the connection that submits the form to the library.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2015 09:46 AM In reply to

I was able to Save but the promotional properties doesn't get updated.
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-19-2015 10:01 AM In reply to

When you say "save" do you mean you submitted the XML using a submit data connection? If you are submitting the XML and it is referencing the correct form template (you can always download the XML and check the href), the promoted properties for the form should be populated. Maybe you could include some additional information or some screenshots?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.