Auto population of people picker with multiple users - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Auto population of people picker with multiple users

Last post 02-16-2015 07:54 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2015 04:04 AM

Auto population of people picker with multiple users

Hi there,

I have a form that I created in InfoPath 2013 and this form contains people picker field. I want to set up the auto population of people picker field by rule that populate it with predefined users based on another combobox selected value.

I'm using account id (actually e-mail) and it works normally if I'm populating people picker with one user only. If I'm trying to enter 2 account ids (separated by semicolon) I'm getting the error: No exact matches. That error goes off if make a doubleclick inside the field in browser and press <ENTER>.

Could you please advise me is this normal system behaviour or I need to use some another method to reach my goals?

Many thanks in advance! 

• 02-15-2015 11:03 AM In reply to

Re: Auto population of people picker with multiple users

Sorry, no any ideas?

• 02-16-2015 07:54 AM In reply to

Re: Auto population of people picker with multiple users

Well, the issue is that the people picker is bound to a repeating group - so what you see in the control is two accounts separated by a semi-colon, but the actual schema is different - there are two nodes. Insert a repeating table bound to your pc:Person group and then preview your form and select multiple people and you'll see what I mean.

Out of the box, IP doesn't have any way for us to insert a repeating group via rules. You can try setting the default data to include multiple instances, or you could do this with code or qRules.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.