Query people column from Sharepoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Query people column from Sharepoint list

Last post 11-10-2020 05:02 AM by thevikk. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2013 03:50 AM

Query people column from Sharepoint list

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to filter my list datasource. It works great but when it comes to a people-column (author) there is a strange behaviour. First of all the author-column is a simple text-field in queryFields. When I try to filter this field with userName() there is no return (but actually the list is full of items with current author). What can I do to filter for a specific user? Next, when I look at the dataFields, I see what I also expected in queryFields: (pc:Person with DisplayName, AccountId, AccountType). When I output DisplayName it shows up like this: Surname,, GivenName. Why two commata? Hope you can help me out. Infopath 2010, Sharepoint 2010 Std.
  • 09-20-2013 12:53 AM In reply to

Re: Query people column from Sharepoint list

It's me again still having the problem. Can nobody help me out? Maybe I did not explain the problem clearly enough?
  • 09-20-2013 04:42 PM In reply to

Hi - my domain account is DOMAIN\HilaryS. I created a data connection to a list with a person or group column - column named "User". I set the "User" query field to DOMAIN\HilaryS and executed the data connection - I only had returned the rows that had my account ID. So, I'm not sure what you are doing differently? Are you querying for DOMAIN\UserName?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-11-2014 07:42 AM In reply to

It's odd that you were able to query the Person or Group field from a SharePoint list within InfoPath 2010/2013. Maybe I'm missing something. When I try to set a query fields value all of the fields show up except Person and Group fields.

Is there something extra I need to do to set a fields value and it query the SharePoint list for Person and Group?

Thank you.  

• 11-10-2020 05:02 AM In reply to

Hello, I know this thread is old but I found a solution to this problem. Maybe it will help someone :) The part that Hilary Stoupa didn't mention is that you have to go in your list with the people or group column and go to it's settings and set: Show field - account. That way when you are querying form InfoPath it will match the id.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.