Basic High Level Question about InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Basic High Level Question about InfoPath

Last post 06-17-2013 08:28 AM by dewsbury. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2013 01:20 AM

Basic High Level Question about InfoPath

Hi, I am a freelance consultant in UK. I know very little about InfoPath! I have a client who currently processes 2,500 forms per month from the general public. These are HANDWRITTEN and we wish to facilitate input via the internet. The "forms" are about 2 pages long and the data is fairly simple stuff (Name, Address, a few dates). We have an existing back-end database written in Powerbuilder. My Current Thinking is: 1. Use infopath forms to allow general public to enter forms via internet. 2. Write this data to Powerbuilder database ....................................................................... Questions: 1. Is the above a workable, sensible approach? 2. I have technical resources. Is this a very time consuming or difficult process to develop? 3. Roughly what do I need to spend on buying InfoPath (and any other expense, other than my programmer). Budget is not very high.
  • 06-17-2013 08:19 AM In reply to

Re: Basic High Level Question about InfoPath

InfoPath doesn't like to connect to much more than Access, SQL or SharePoint.  It can however interact with webservices if Powerbuilder has them.  I' think you'd be better off creating a web form to connect to your Powerbuilder database.  A quick google says there is a thing called .Net Web Form - can't you use that?

• 06-17-2013 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: Basic High Level Question about InfoPath

Thanks for the feedback. By the looks of things .... InfoPath is not for me right now! Regards,
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.