qRules DateDiff works well - now add in the holiday list how? - qrules 101 help please - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

qRules DateDiff works well - now add in the holiday list how? - qrules 101 help please

Last post 11-07-2012 04:35 PM by wapfunz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2012 03:06 PM

qRules DateDiff works well - now add in the holiday list how? - qrules 101 help please

Hi I have created a dataconnection to my sharepoint list.

(I have looked at the qrules example form - not sure where there is an example of the

/dsnamehol=NameOfYourListDataConnection /xpathhol=/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:HolDate

In the formula:

concat("DateDiff /date1=", dateField, " /date2=", otherDateField, " /dsnamehol=NameOfYourListDataConnection /xpathhol=/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:HolDate")

I make these assumptions:

"/dsnamehol = NameOfYourListDataConnection = New Zealand Public Holidays - Should this be [New Zealand Public Holidays]?

/xpathhol=/dfs:myfileds...... ?

Is this an insert formula like - myField is the secondary data field Column that contains the repeating dates filtered by local field mapped to secondary field where the two equal?

/xpathhol=/dfs:myfileds...... ? what does it mean?

How do I find a reference to that column in the list?

Thank you to anyone kind enough to give assistance.

Kind Regards.

Best Regards
    Bill
  • 11-07-2012 03:16 PM In reply to

Re: qRules DateDiff works well - now add in the holiday list how? - qrules 101 help please

Hi - we may not have a sample that includes the use of this feature in the sample form

If the name of your list is New Zealand Public Holidays, that parameter would be:
    /dsnamehol=New Zealand Public Holidays

You don't need to put it in square brackets or quotes or anything - qRules won't be able to find the data source if the name is not correct.

To get your /xpathhol, in InfoPath, in the fields task pane, find the repeating node in your New Zealand Public Holidays data connection. Right click it. There will be a menu option to Copy XPath. Click that. Now the correct XPath is on your clipboard. Type:
    /xpathhol=

And then paste (Ctrl + V) to paste the XPath in.

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-07-2012 03:43 PM In reply to

Re: qRules DateDiff works well - now add in the holiday list how? - qrules 101 help please

Hillary you are wonderful.

Thank you ever so, for I am indeed very thankful and appreciative of your valued and kind assistance.

Thank you.

Kindest regards.

Best Regards
    Bill
  • 11-07-2012 04:04 PM In reply to

I'm going to take a wild guess here - that worked?

:)

Have fun with qRules & post back when you have more questions.

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-07-2012 04:35 PM In reply to

Yes it did wonderfully thanks Hillary.

Picking up speed now with qRules.

Since IT granted me a virtual network to install the qRules I can now apprecaite the utility.

Once I have injected a few forms - next will be the cloud security issues to breech.

Thank you again for the assisatnce and valued help.

Kindest Regards.

Best Regards
    Bill
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.