SaveToSharePoint: Multiple Attachments in one form without repeating - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SaveToSharePoint: Multiple Attachments in one form without repeating

Last post 08-25-2016 12:46 PM by CCBSMF. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2012 10:43 AM

SaveToSharePoint: Multiple Attachments in one form without repeating

I have a form with more than one attachment needed, but I don't want to make my attachment field repeating since each attachment is for a specific purpose and I'd like to explicitly name the file. I wired up the SaveTo SharePoint command successfully on one field, however, once I try to add the second attachment field and apply the "qRulesFilename" and "qRulesLink" attributes it tells me I can't because they already exist - on the first attachment field.

My question is ultimately, is there a way that I can apply the SaveToSharePoint command to more than one attachment field in the same form?

I'm currently using the demo version of qRules 4.2. This is almost the sole reason we're investigating qRules right now, so if we can't solve this then we won't be purchasing the full version.

Thanks

Dan

• 06-29-2012 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: SaveToSharePoint: Multiple Attachments in one form without repeating

Hi-

Yes, there is a way to have the attribute on more than one field. In InfoPath you'll need to right click the field (qRulesFilename for example) and then select Reference. Then select the field where you want to add this same attribute, and voila.

Once that schema is set up correctly, then yes, you can use the command on one attachment, and then another.

Hope this helps.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 06-29-2012 12:29 PM In reply to

Thanks for the quick response. I had seen that but assumed it copied values between the references. This does seem to work. Thanks again.
  • 08-25-2016 12:46 PM In reply to

Hey Ernesto. I'm kind of facing the same scenario now, could you provide an general example of the "correct schema"?
    ErnestoM:

Hi-

Yes, there is a way to have the attribute on more than one field. In InfoPath you'll need to right click the field (qRulesFilename for example) and then select Reference. Then select the field where you want to add this same attribute, and voila.

Once that schema is set up correctly, then yes, you can use the command on one attachment, and then another.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.