Explain Contains and Not Contains Conditions - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Explain Contains and Not Contains Conditions

Last post 06-14-2011 06:39 AM by corybooth. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2011 05:59 AM

Explain Contains and Not Contains Conditions

I am trying a concept to control the workflow of a form. I am reading in a sharepoint list of emails along with the role of the users. A list might look like: a@a.com; b@b.com; c@c.com || Admin d@d.com; b@b.com || Super Admin I save these entries on the form in an appropriate field for email and role. When a form is opened, I read the user's email field and save it to a form field. I am now trying to do a comparison event. If Admin contains User Email - then.... If Super Admin contains User Email - then... So if a user came in with email b@b.com - they would be true for both events above. I have a view on my form where I have the Admin and Super Admin emails as well as the user's email displayed. I have ensured both areas are lowercase (using translate).... But the contains condition does not report true when a user's email IS listed inside of one or more of the saved roles. So I am curious, how does contains actually operate as an InfoPath condition? Is it similar to: Select * from Users where Email Like '%b$b.com%' Thanks in advance
  • 06-14-2011 06:39 AM In reply to

Re: Explain Contains and Not Contains Conditions

Discovered my error. The logic I am using seems to be fine. Setting a boolean to TRUE is not correct. It must be boolean("True")
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.