"the following URL is not valid" error when trying to publish form to SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"the following URL is not valid" error when trying to publish form to SharePoint

Last post 04-27-2021 12:10 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2011 08:05 AM

"the following URL is not valid" error when trying to publish form to SharePoint

I've been creating forms and publishing them to SharePoint for a couple years now.  All the sudden I made a change to a form and when I attempt to publish it to SharePoint I receive an error message saying "the following URL is not valid".  The URL is valid.  I even used the one from the dropdown list in the publish wizard that I had used before.  Anyone seen this problem and have a solution? 

• 01-13-2011 08:17 AM In reply to

Re: "the following URL is not valid" error when trying to publish form to SharePoint

Hi, I already had this problem when I use a manage path "/sites/" and my root doesn't have a site I solve it when I create a blank site on the root.  

• 01-13-2011 08:30 AM In reply to

Re: "the following URL is not valid" error when trying to publish form to SharePoint

Thanks for the reponse, but I'm not sure I'm following you.  The form template I modified has already been published to a forms library on a team site.  The URL is something like this: http://sitecollection/teamsite/formslibrary.  This is the exact same URL I used to publish the form initially, but now that I've modified it I'm getting "the following URL is not valid" message when I try to publish.  

• 01-13-2011 08:43 AM In reply to

OK never mind, your problem is probably not the same that mine you don't use manage path on your URL.

Can you try to stop the service :System Event Notification Service and try again your Form publishing ?

• 01-13-2011 09:01 AM In reply to

I'm having trouble understanding why this would just now start happening.  The System Event Notification Service was running when the forms were published in the past.  Has anyone else had this happen after being able to publish forms initially?

• 01-13-2011 09:18 AM In reply to

Hi, I'm not sure this solve your problem but this problem occur on dev environment with Sharepoint and infopath client install, and I don't know why it's just started.

• 01-13-2011 09:41 AM In reply to

Do you recommend stopping the System Event Notification service on the client machine that i'm publishing the form from?

• 01-13-2011 10:11 AM In reply to

You can try it and restart the service after that if it work or not ...

• 04-27-2021 12:10 PM In reply to

A decade later and this post spared me some grief! Thanks - I had a SharePoint server with a site collection under sites and nothing at the root. 

Potemkine:

Hi, I already had this problem when I use a manage path "/sites/" and my root doesn't have a site I solve it when I create a blank site on the root.  

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.