Is CopyTable suitable for the following scenario ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Is CopyTable suitable for the following scenario ?

Last post 06-02-2010 08:08 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2010 03:40 AM

Is CopyTable suitable for the following scenario ?

My form is collecting approvals from specific individuals.  The approver may first reject the form and enter some comments - the requestor may then clarify the information and the approver then approve.

So we want to know the 'current status of approval'  but also keep some history of what has happened.

My thoughts were to keep the current status of approval in the data structure on the left of the diagram (there are upto 20 named roles)

Then copy the ApprovalGroup to the ApprovalHistoryGroup.    I realise that the BusinessPresidentApprovalGroup is not repeating - but hoped this may work.

I have tried the following  command with no success.

CopyTable /tablesrc = /my:myFields/my:CollectApprovalsGroup/my:GlobalApproversGroup/my:BusinessPresidentApprovalGroup /rowsrc= my:ApprovalGroup /tabledest=/my:myFields/my:ApprovalHistoryGroup /rowdest= my:ApprovalGroup

Am I trying  the wrong command ?  Is there a suitable command/group of commands to use ? 

Catharine

Filed under:
  • 06-02-2010 07:22 AM In reply to

Re: Is CopyTable suitable for the following scenario ?

Hi Catharine,

Are you getting an error from the CopyTable execution? I have set up this scenario before, so it should work. Let me send you a sample via email.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 06-02-2010 07:57 AM In reply to

Thank you for the reply - at least I know I am on the right track.  I have looked at the sample you sent and I believe I have the same scenario...

Following your example I have changed the command to be

CopyTable /tablesrc=/my:myFields/my:CollectApprovalsGroup/my:GlobalApproversGroup/my:BusinessPresidentApprovalGroup /rowsrc=my:ApprovalGroup /tabledest/my:myFields/my:ApprovalHistoryGroup /rowdest=my:ApprovalGroup /empty=no

The error I get is

An error has occurred executing the rule. Usage is: CopyTable [/dsnamesrc=Data Source Name (Source)] /tablesrc=XPath to Table (Source) /rowsrc=Relative XPath from Table to Row (Source) [/dsnamedest=Data Source Name (Destination)] /tabledest=XPath to Table (Destination) /rowdest=Relative XPath from Table to Row (Destination) [/empty=Clear the destination table before copy (yes | no)]

• 06-02-2010 08:08 AM In reply to

You are missing an equals sign between the /tabledest parameter and the value.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.