Save to Shpt List Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Save to Shpt List Error

Last post 06-01-2010 01:09 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2010 07:12 AM

• BillD
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2010
    • Michigan
    • Posts 2

Save to Shpt List Error

Hi there

Love your products. Big time.  Also thanks for the videos - very helpful particularily the most recent...

Spent a fair bit of time this weekend working with SaveToSharePointList - I'm trying to save a handful of text fields - not repeating - to a basic list - on same site, etc etc.  Been through every area over and over and keep getting error pasted below.  I've become very familir with your COMMAND syntax etc, so I'm pretty sure it's not a typo.  I've stripped everything down to now just mapping a single text field (just 'Title') just to see if it will work and it still doesn't.

Any thoughts?  PS. I will contact your office and pay for support because this project has a quickly approaching deadline, but I thought I'd post here too.

THANKS!

-------

ERROR:

An unexpected error occurred executing the rule. Action: SubmitToSharePointList
     Arguments:
    submit: SpecWallSubmit
    mapping: map      <---(note i've tried a few different mappings and have removed resource file each time)

Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004303B
    Stack:   at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.MomExceptionHelper.ExecuteDataConnectionAction(OMCall d)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Internal.WebServiceConnectionHost.Execute(XPathNavigator input, XPathNavigator output, XPathNavigator errors)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.UploadData(String siteUrl, DataConnection dc)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList(String submitDs, String mappingDs, String id)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand()

• 06-01-2010 01:09 PM In reply to

Re: Save to Shpt List Error

I just wanted to post our solution here, in case another user searches on that error code! As per this post, this error occurs if there are any validation errors in your form when a submit data connection is executed. Since this command uses a submit data connection, we need to make sure that there are no validation errors in the form prior to running the command.

One idea might be to use qRules GetErrorCount and only run the SubmitToSharePointList command if the error count is 0.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.