Moving data from a secondary repeating table into a primary repeating table. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Moving data from a secondary repeating table into a primary repeating table.

Last post 05-26-2010 03:29 PM by Elfanger. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2010 08:36 PM

Moving data from a secondary repeating table into a primary repeating table.

I am trying to move date from a secondary repeating table (which gets its data from a SharePoint list) into a primary repeating table so that it can then be used.

There is just 1 column of data being imported from SharePoint. When I setup the primary repeating table with just 1 column, it transfers properly. However, I need some extra columns in the primary table. When I created these extra columns, the move function would no longer work.

This is the code that I have used:

MoveTable /dsnamesrc=EquipmentChecks /tablesrc=/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields /rowsrc=dfs:Equipment_Checks /tabledest=/my:myFields /rowdest=my:PrimaryChecks /empty=no

Does anyone know of a workaround for this situation or a better way of doing it altogether?

Thanks.

• 05-25-2010 10:21 PM In reply to

Re: Moving data from a secondary repeating table into a primary repeating table.

you can use the data from the secondary data source, no need to move it to another repeating table. Can you let me know why exactly you want it to be moved to the repeating table. I think you should be able to achieve your functionality by using the secondary connection directly

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 05-25-2010 10:39 PM In reply to

Re: Moving data from a secondary repeating table into a primary repeating table.

I need to add some more fields to the repeating table. It does not let me add any extra fields to the secondary table, that is why I thought I should transfer from secondary to primary.

• 05-26-2010 09:56 AM In reply to

Hi -- I moved your question to the qRules forum -- it looks like you are using qRules.

The qRules copy and move table commands require that the source and destination have the same number of fields. I'm wondering if a possible workaround might be to add some columns to your SharePoint data connection, then, after you move your table, set those fields to blank in the main data source table. So, for example, if you were moving or copying the data from a SharePoint data connection that only selected 3 fields from the list (like Title, Status, Modified By, for example), you could modify that data connection to select some other list columns that have data you don't need, just so that your column count was the same. Perform your move table operation, then in the columns where you copied data you don't really need, you can use rules to set those fields to blank....

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-26-2010 03:29 PM In reply to

Thanks. I will give it a go.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.