Submitting image to list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting image to list

Last post 03-04-2010 09:20 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2010 08:30 AM

Submitting image to list

I have a qRules form I have mapped to my SharePoint list and it works great; however when I attach a file to my form (an image) the form says it was successful when submitted, but the data isn't added to my list. Are there limitations to form creation and list submissions with image attachments? I need to be able to have an image associated with the list record.

Thanks,
    Dave

• 03-03-2010 10:26 AM In reply to

Re: Submitting image to list

Hi Dave,

The form needs two submits: one submits the image (to the Sharepoint list) and the other submits the form (XML) to Sharepoint. Is this what your form is configured to do?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-04-2010 06:36 AM In reply to

Ernesto,

No, my form isn't configured to do that. I thought I would just be able to attach a file to the form and have that attachment submitted to my list along with the rest of my data. I am new to SharePoint and qRules and apparently don't quite understand the limitations yet. :)

Is there a way to link the records together even though they would reside in different Libraries on SharePoint? I need to somehow have the image tie back to the form it relates to. (this is a claims form that contain pictures for claim purposes)

Thanks,
    Dave

• 03-04-2010 06:51 AM In reply to

Would it be possible to have my submit button trigger an event that initiates the submission of my image to my Library so that I don't need two buttons? Also in case there's a problem with the form and them submitting it's content don't want there to be a disconnect between the form and it's associated attachments. (one is successfully submitted but for some reason the other isn't)

Thanks,
    Dave

• 03-04-2010 07:06 AM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Yes, you could have one button that first submits the image(s) to SharePoint and then submits your form. That would avoid using two buttons. However, as you point out, the image upload could execute, then the xml submit fails.

I would suggest looking at our ImagePicker XTP too: http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/QdImagePicker.aspx

This XTP allows the user to select an existing image or upload a new one. So you are unlinking the image submit and the form submit, but you give users the added bonus of using an existing image.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-04-2010 09:14 AM In reply to

I don't think I quite understand the purpose of XTP from that explanation, but I will look in to it and see if I can better understand it. An additional question I have about my SharePoint list is that there's a column called "Attachment" that is created by default, so do you know why can't I just map my attachment field to this list column?

Thanks,
    Dave

• 03-04-2010 09:20 AM In reply to

Hi, Dave:

qRules doesn't currently submit attachments with the SubmitToSharePointList command. That is an interesting scenario, and one we may choose to look at for a future release, but do not currently support.

You could try using SaveToSharePointList for your attachments in your repeating group, then submit the resulting link to the attachment via SubmitToSharePointList as a work around.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.