Qdabra qRules - Is Read Only - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qdabra qRules - Is Read Only

Last post 04-13-2016 11:13 AM by Laurie Wheeler. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2010 12:57 PM

Qdabra qRules - Is Read Only

I'm working my way through my first web-enabled InfoPath form that I've published to a SharePoint document library and I'm stuck.  When a user opens the web-enabled form in SharePoint I would like to determine the user's access (according to SharePoint) to the item and based on that open either an editable or a readonly version.  Is this doable?  Would it be a lot easier if the form wasn't web enabled?

Can Qdabra qRules (Is Read Only property) help me with the above?

Filed under: ,
  • 02-03-2010 01:07 PM In reply to

Re: Qdabra qRules - Is Read Only

Hello,

This is possible, but the IsReadOnly command in qRules is not what you want.

Let's say that you have two groups: writers and readers. On load you determine whether the person opening the form is a writer or a reader. If s/he is a writer, go to view A. If s/he is a reader, go to view B. You could even have a view C if the person is completely unauthorized.

Since this is more of a Sharepoint question and not qRules, I'd suggest you open a new thread in the Sharepoint Integration forum to seek answers from other community members.

Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 04-13-2016 10:47 AM In reply to

I have a browser form, SP2013 using IPFS.  

Under what conditions does the isReadOnly flag function?   I have a instance where it does not appear to function. 

I have a form that has been submitted, and when userA opens the form the isReadOnly is false (unchecked), on a remote computer I log in as a different user, and open the same form and again isReadOnly is false (unchecked). 

Laurie Wheeler
  • 04-13-2016 10:55 AM In reply to

Hi again - so this property doesn't get set in browser forms, unfortunately. I know when we first worked on making qRules browser compatible, this was something we investigated - and it appears that InfoPath Forms Services doesn't actually set that property in the object model when the form is opened in the browser. The only work around I've found is to leverage SharePoint web services to force a check out and then use that information to block another user from submitting changes. Here's an older blog post on this: http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2010/11/10/check-that-form-out-or-in-automatically.aspx - although I see you left a comment there a week or so back, so I guess you've already seen this?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-13-2016 11:13 AM In reply to

Hi again.  Yes, I have that posting of for check in and out, but I believe I had problems getting it to execute properly in my project form. 

Eventually we will need to also know not only that the form is open, but who has it open. The goal is to have this all within InfoPath logic.  My primary form I will be up to 5 data connections once qRules is injected in.   

I will revisit your post again and go through it again and see if I can find where I went wrong before.  Be sure I'll be posting if I have a question :)

Laurie Wheeler
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.