Difficulty Connecting to DbxlDocumentService - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Difficulty Connecting to DbxlDocumentService

Last post 08-17-2009 02:12 PM by ErnestoM. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2009 12:58 PM

Difficulty Connecting to DbxlDocumentService

I am trying to get the get error count from qRules but I get an error when I try to make the data connection to the DbxlDocumentService. 

"The file is not a valid XML file.
    The form contains XML that cannot be parsed:
    A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found.

Line 19, Position 38
      <TABLE class="ms-main" CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 BORDER=0 WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%">
    -------------------------------------------------------^"

From what I have read, one gets this error if the service doesnt exist.  What do I need to do to get qRules up and running?

• 08-17-2009 01:32 PM In reply to

Re: Difficulty Connecting to DbxlDocumentService

Hi infopathic,

Welcome to the forum! Nice handle. :)

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you want to use the GetErrorCount command using qRules, right? DbxlDocumentService is one of Qdabra's DBXL web services, and as far as I know, the GetErrorCount command does not require DBXL. In order to use this command in your InfoPath forms, follow these steps:

1. Launch the qRules Injector and browse to your form template (XSN) to inject.
    2. Once done, open your qRules-injected XSN in InfoPath Design mode.
    3. In the control that checks for the error count (which I assume is either a button or a check box), add a rule that sets the value of the "Command" node which is from your QdabraRules (secondary) data source, to "GetErrorCount".
    4. The number of errors will be returned in the "Results" node. You can either just display that node on your form or use a dialog box expression to display the number of errors in a dialog message instead.

Hope that helps. Otherwise, please don't hesitate to post back.

Cheers!

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Filed under: ,
  • 08-17-2009 01:57 PM In reply to

Yup, I just want GetErrorCount at this moment.  I forgot to mention that I get an error when I run the Injector.  Here's the log:

removed the trustSetting attribute
    Adding a file reference to Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.dll
    Adding a file reference to QdabraRules.xml
    Adding a file reference to QdabraRules.xsd
    xsf2:managedCode node already exists, skipping
    Adding the missing scriptLanguage attribute on thr xsf:solutionsProperties node
    Creating the QdabraRules data object
    Copying C:\Program Files\Qdabra Software\Qdabra Rules Library\Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.dll to C:\Documents and Settings\NHample\Local Settings\Temp\xnpxfn2d.vcl\Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.dll
    Copying C:\Program Files\Qdabra Software\Qdabra Rules Library\QdabraRules.xml to C:\Documents and Settings\NHample\Local Settings\Temp\xnpxfn2d.vcl\QdabraRules.xml
    Copying C:\Program Files\Qdabra Software\Qdabra Rules Library\QdabraRules.xsd to C:\Documents and Settings\NHample\Local Settings\Temp\xnpxfn2d.vcl\QdabraRules.xsd
    Adding an entry for the QdabraRules data connection to sample data
    Injection complete.
    CabLib Compress ERROR: Could not flush cabinet: Could not create cabinet file

I am not sure if that is the reason I do not have the Qdabra Rules Data Connection.

• 08-17-2009 02:12 PM In reply to

Yes, there definitely was a problem injecting, and therefore you're not seeing the 2DS you need.

Was the form open (in InfoPath) when you injected? Does the form have code? These would be the two main reasons why injection may fail.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.