Binding controls to specific repeating elements - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Binding controls to specific repeating elements

Last post 09-02-2004 01:02 PM by Dick Sontag. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2004 11:10 AM

Binding controls to specific repeating elements

I would like to bind a control to a repeating element that has a specific attribute value. Currently it appears that a control is bound to the first element found. Alternately I can use a repeating section and place the control there. However adding the control into a repeating section is not what I want because I need to view only the element with the specific attribute value and not all the repeating elements.

Obviously I would like the value to be stored back into the data source when the form is complete.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
    Dick Sontag

• 09-02-2004 12:08 PM In reply to

Re: Binding controls to specific repeating elements

In order to access more than one instance of a repeating node, you must use a repeating control of some kind.

For your scenario it sounds like the best choice would be to use a repeating section. Create a Repeating Section without controls, or just delete all of the controls out of it after it is inserted. Then add just the attrbite field that you are interested in.

You can remove the white border, padding and margins on the section so that it doesn't take up more space than is needed.

You can also specify whether or not the form user can insert/remove items in the Repeating Section Properties dialog box.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
  • 09-02-2004 01:02 PM In reply to

Re: Binding controls to specific repeating elements

Greg,
    I only want to access 1 instance of a repeating node. Below is some XML that is an example of what I need to do.

<ApplicationData>
    <DataItemString Name="Oranges">Florida</DataItemString>
    <DataItemString Name="Apples">NewEngland</DataItemString>
    <DataItemString Name="Grapes">California</DataItemString>
    </ApplicationData>

In this case I want to bind a non-repeating control (like a textbox) to the DataItemString element that has an attribute value called "Name" and has a value of "Apples". Thanks
    Dick

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.