Learning how to use qRules... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Learning how to use qRules...

Last post 05-04-2009 05:25 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2009 02:11 PM

Learning how to use qRules...

OK, I am not *that* new to Infopath, but I am not a coder either. I have a form that I want to query a list, and add a line for each entry in the list I query. Basically it's a list of Names, and I want to add a new Repeating Item for each name in the list. But I guess I am just too thick and cannot figure out how to use qRules to do this. How do i call the Command and set the value to perform this ExecuteAction function? I thought I would just use a Button to perform the task, with the following code added under Rules/Set a Fields Value, then choose Command from the 2ndary data source, with a value of "ExecuteAction /action=XCollectionInsert /xmltoedit=group4_1". This doesn't work, so any pointers would be VERY much appreciated.

nate@nateharris.com

• 05-04-2009 05:25 PM In reply to

Re: Learning how to use qRules...

Hi Nate,

If the source data connection has a repeating list of names, just use "CopyTable" instead of "ExecuteAction":

CopyTable

Copies data from the source table to the destination table. 

Arguments:

• dsnamesrc: Name of the source DataSource (optional). Assumes you are using the Main data source if it is not specified.
    • tablesrc: XPath to the source table
    • rowsrc: relative XPath from the source Table to the source Row (repeating)
    • dsnamedest: Name of the destination DataSource (optional). Assumes you are using the Main data source if it is not specified.
    • tabledest: XPath to the destination table
    • rowdest: relative XPath from the destination Table to the destination Row (repeating)
    • empty: optional parameter that can have a value of yes or no. If set to yes, the destination table will be emptied before the Copy action. If unspecified, the value defaults to no. 
    Example:CopyTable /tablesrc=/my:myFields/my:group1 /rowsrc=my:group2 /tabledest=/my:myFields/my:group3 /rowdest=my:group4 /empty=yes

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.