View not submitting with email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

View not submitting with email

Last post 04-20-2009 03:21 PM by Kolten. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2009 03:38 PM

View not submitting with email

I have a strange issue.  I have 2 views - default view (View1) and a "submitted" view (View2).  The idea is to switch views after the user clicks the submit button so View2 is submitted via email rather than the default view.  View2 holds the same values as View1, but does not use tables.  This is necessary for the incident ticket system I am emailing to (it only supports plain text emails).  The form is set to submit the current view - no attachment.

My problem is the fact that even though after I click submit, and see the view switch, and receive the dialog box with the "send" option, after clicking "send" the email holds nothing in its Body.  The email does send, and does have a subject line, but no message body.

Why is the email empty even though I can see the view switch?  I have another form that uses this method that is working fine.  Any ideas?

Filed under: , ,
  • 04-16-2009 09:40 PM In reply to

Re: View not submitting with email

Hi,

Try by selecting the ‘Send only the active view of the form...' radio button in the process of taking email data connection.

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 04-17-2009 08:49 AM In reply to

Ya, unfortunately its not that easy ;)

I have all the proper things selected I believe... Without the view switching rule in place, it sends the default view just fine.  Unfortunately when switching views, I can _see_ the view being switched, but nothing never gets sent in the email.

• 04-17-2009 09:30 PM In reply to

Hi,

I think you are sending the mail first then you are switching the view. Once check the rules order. First you have to switch the view then send email.

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 04-19-2009 04:59 PM In reply to

Hi--

If you switch the view and send the email in the same ruleset, you'll get a blank email, I'm afraid. From this InfoPath team blog entry that has a work around: "In the InfoPath rich client, you'll still only see the blank view due to view-switching concurrency limitations."

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-20-2009 03:21 PM In reply to

Thanks - I guess Show/Hide content is the only way to do it because views have a limitation when switching views, then submitting. I tried creating two different rules, but since they were invokek from the same submit method, that didn't work either. Can't wait for the next version where they (hopefully) fix these bugs. Every day it seems I find a new bug or limitation that needs a work-around. I hate band-aid fixes :) Thanks again all!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.