Repeating Tables and DB - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Tables and DB

Last post 01-18-2017 05:34 PM by Nate003. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2009 12:03 PM

Repeating Tables and DB

Ok this might be hard to explain. I have a repeating table that is stored in a InfoPath 2003 form. This form has the following type of layout

TYPE    (                               )

Date (                )  Review (                                             )

The user wants to have the type stay at the top of the repeating table. So I put it in the table header and then in the repeating section of i have the date and review.  Now they are able to submit the date to the table, the only problem is that i want the type to be included in every row that gets submitted to the DB but it only seems to happen on the first data entry.... Please someone help.... I have been trying to figure this out for awhile.

• 05-28-2009 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Repeating Tables and DB

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I have a form connected to an Access database. I want the user to be able to enter their name once at the top of the form in a non-repeating text box, then fill out all the rest of the fields in a repeating table, however when the form submits data back to Access the "Name" field needs to populate on every row along with the other data from the repeating table. Is there a way to accomplish this without code?

Essentially I'm trying to avoid requiring the user to enter their name on every row of the repeating table.

• 05-28-2009 03:44 PM In reply to

Hi -- set a rule on the field bound to the non-repeating text box. The rule would have the action to populate the value in a field, and you'd select the field in the repeating table that you want the value populated to. Then, for the value, select the fx button and select your initial field that is bound to the non-repeating text box. I've attached a simple sample. Right click the link in the header of this post and save the file locally. Then right click the file and open in design mode. Fill out the non repeating text box, and the rows below will populate.

You could also set the repeating field to have a default value of the non repeating field... instead of using rules....

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-28-2009 05:21 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary - I had actually just figured out how to do it by setting the field to have a default value of the non-repeating field -- but thanks for your feedback!

• 12-15-2016 04:03 PM In reply to

Aaron5714:

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I have a form connected to an Access database. I want the user to be able to enter their name once at the top of the form in a non-repeating text box, then fill out all the rest of the fields in a repeating table, however when the form submits data back to Access the "Name" field needs to populate on every row along with the other data from the repeating table. Is there a way to accomplish this without code?

Essentially I'm trying to avoid requiring the user to enter their name on every row of the repeating table.

I am having a similar problem, however looking at the solution that was mentioned, I don't totally follow how the solution works? Would you be able to elaborate a little bit on how you got it to work?

Thanks,

Nate003

• 12-16-2016 07:29 AM In reply to

Hey, Nate003, I saw you also added a similar question to another post - can you elaborate on what specifically you are trying to accomplish? If neither of the existing threads are close to your actual scenario, please feel free to start a new thread. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2017 05:34 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary,

Apologies for the late response. Essentially what I am after is a form that can submit a repeating table that can have a varying amount of entries, as well as non repeating fields outside the table to be submitted to a database. But I need the non repeating fields that are only entered once, to match up with each entry in the repeating table. I have attached a sample below to give a visualization of what I am talking about.

I believe I have seen on other posts that this is possible using Qrules, however I may not have access to utilising them. So I was wondering if there was another approach to get this working. I hope that makes sense :)

Kind regards,

Nate003 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.