Post Attachments - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Post Attachments

Last post 04-28-2009 09:36 AM by DaFlea. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2009 12:39 PM

Post Attachments

Is there a way to use Qrules to post attachemtns of Infopath forms to a sharepoint doc library?

• 02-05-2009 02:04 PM In reply to

Hello,

Great question! We are actually putting the finishing touches on a new version of qRules that will allow your InfoPath forms to store file attachments and image attachments in SharePoint. The version that is currently available (click here) does not have that feature, but we should have it up this month.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 02-19-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

I see there is a new upload of Qrules - would this have the SaveFileToDocLib feature?

• 02-19-2009 03:09 PM In reply to

Yep, and many more cool features. We are finishing final test and will be posting more info soon.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-25-2009 07:39 AM In reply to

Just starting to play with the qrules 1.5 upgrade. I wanted to tahnk you guys for providing this product, it is great for us non-code writers. I have used qrules to delete optional sections, but is there a way to make it delete digital signatures?

• 02-25-2009 08:02 PM In reply to

When you add a digital signature to your form or a section, the main data source is modified. For example, a <my:signatures1> group will be added underneath the myFields root and for each section that you sign a separate signature group is added underneath. When a signature is added a <my:signature> element gets added underneath the signature for the section you are signing. This is optional. You can save the XML, open in notepad, remove the <my:signature>...</my:signature>, resave and reopen, and no problems. So, in theory, if you know which signature you are removing, you can do it. We haven't tested this but it should work. Please post so that others can follow your progress. Good luck!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-02-2009 11:17 AM In reply to

In the
    SavetoSharepoint command (by the way that is working great) is there a way to make it copy to the doc library. Right now it deletes the attachment from the form and I acutally want to leave it on the form and save a copy to a library or a UNC path.

• 03-12-2009 08:21 AM In reply to

Currently the command does not have the functionality to copy the attachment. But I think that is a good idea, and I'll put in a feature request for it.

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-16-2009 01:52 PM In reply to

• minkokiss
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Indianapolis
    • Posts 6

I just downloaded Qrules 1.5 and followed all the steps in the userguide to get it to work with the Sharepoint Library of my choice but am getting an error.

The error is as follows: 

Action: SaveToSharePoint
     Arguments: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]
     Details: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    Stack:   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
       at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
       at System.Net.CredentialCache.get_DefaultCredentials()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveFileToSharepoint(String& base64Value, String& url)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharePoint(String url, String domName, String nodeXPath)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharePoint()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand(Application application, XmlFormHostItem formHost, XPathNavigator commandsNavigator) 

I have performed the following steps:

• Installed qRules and injected the DLL
    • Added the two fields qRulesLink and qRulesFilename
    • have the field as a base64 image on the form
    • created a form library in sharepoint and published the template to the form library
    • created a column in the form library of "image" type to host the image

Can somebody provide any assistance on that?

I can provide the form and any other information that you might need.

Best Regards,

Minko

• 03-16-2009 02:16 PM In reply to

• minkokiss
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Indianapolis
    • Posts 6

SendtoSharepoint functionality of qrules

I just downloaded Qrules 1.5 and followed all the steps in the userguide to get it to work with the Sharepoint Library of my choice but am getting an error.

The error is as follows: 

Action: SaveToSharePoint
     Arguments: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]
     Details: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    Stack:   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
       at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
       at System.Net.CredentialCache.get_DefaultCredentials()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveFileToSharepoint(String& base64Value, String& url)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharePoint(String url, String domName, String nodeXPath)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SaveToSharePoint()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand(Application application, XmlFormHostItem formHost, XPathNavigator commandsNavigator) 

I have performed the following steps:

• Installed qRules and injected the DLL
    • Added the two fields qRulesLink and qRulesFilename
    • have the field as a base64 image on the form
    • created a form library in sharepoint and published the template to the form library
    • created a column in the form library of "image" type to host the image

Can somebody provide any assistance on that?

I can provide the form and any other information that you might need.

Best Regards,

Minko

• 03-16-2009 02:41 PM In reply to

Hi Minko,

Would it be possible to tell us more about your data source? The Image attachment control is supposed to have two attributes, qRulesLink and qRulesFilename, so I'm confused when you say that these are fields.

If you'd like to attach your form template I can give it a look.

Ernesto Machado
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-17-2009 06:29 AM In reply to

• minkokiss
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Indianapolis
    • Posts 6

Yes I apologize I used the incorrect term. I meant attributes.

Here is the form attached. I have obscured the URL of the sharepoint and changed to something generic.

Thank you for your help

Link to File

• 03-17-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

Hi, I believe we have identified the issue. You need a separate document library where the images will be stored. From your description it sounds like you are trying to store the images in the same library as the forms, which is not the intended behavior. Can you try creating a separate document library to store the images, change the rule to upload to it, and try again?

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado

• 03-17-2009 12:51 PM In reply to

• minkokiss
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Indianapolis
    • Posts 6

Thanks for the follow up Ernesto.

I tried this but I got the exact same error message.

I am logged on to the Domain on our corporate network and have Admin Permissions to all Libraries I am playing with. Based on the error message it seems that the issue is with the authentication from qRules.

Is there a way I can pass userid and password as arguments to be used in the authentication to the Sharepoint Library? Also does the sharepoint library need to be a specific type with specific columns? (document, picture, custom list)

Thanks for all your help. Minko

• 03-17-2009 02:11 PM In reply to

Where is the form located? Are you opening (or previewing) from your local machine, or are you opening the InfoPath template from a SharePoint form library?

Ernesto Machado

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.