Concatenating fields in repeating tables (merging values into a single field) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concatenating fields in repeating tables (merging values into a single field)

Last post 10-24-2009 03:15 PM by Betty001. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2009 01:02 PM

Concatenating fields in repeating tables (merging values into a single field)

Hello all, I'm new here, so please excuse me if this is the wrong section to post in.

My current objective is to create a semicolan delimited list of values based on the results of a repeating table.

I've tried the various tricks in these articles.

http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2006/04/05/569338.aspx

http://www.ascentium.com/blog/g/Post223.aspx

and I'm unsuccessful.So far, I'm able to get my "End Result" field to concatenate a semicolan delimited list with each new line in the table, however it keeps concatenating the same value. I need it to concatenate each new cell of that column. Here are a few screenshots and basics of what my form looks like.

datasourcestablesummary

The very last field in the repeating table is the TotalResult field which has the value of concat(CodeDD, "-", Total). This works fine with each new line in the table. But what I need to do is have End_Result give me a semicolan delimeted list of ALL line items that the user inserts for this field.

As of right now End_Result has this value.

eval(eval(group2, 'concat(../my:group2/my:TotalResult, ";")'), "..")

But for some reason this only concatenates the FIRST TotalResult field; instead of concatening each unique TotalResult field in each new line.

Thanks everyone, hope to hear back soon.

• 01-09-2009 02:51 PM In reply to

Re: Concatenating fields in repeating tables (merging values into a single field)

Hi, and welcome:

Comparing your double eval formula to the one in the InfoPath Team Blog article, I'd expect to see:

eval(eval(group2, 'concat(my:TotalResult, ";")'), "..")

With group2 being selected using the Insert field or group function in the formual editor. You'll notice in the sample in the blog, the xpath in the contat is relative to the repeating group.... You may want to try that.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-12-2009 07:14 AM In reply to

Re: Concatenating fields in repeating tables (merging values into a single field)

Wow, that worked! Thanks a lot! and thanks for the quick response!

• 10-24-2009 03:15 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have created repetitive table according the instruction but I`m getting following error:

------

Expected value type: ,

Actual value: string

eval(eval(../my:group3/my:group4. -->"concat(my:field47, ';')"<--), "..")

------

Fields structure:

myFields

group3

group4 (repetitive)

field47

Could you please help me to resolve that Issue? I spent 2 days on it but I don`t know what is the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.