Complete Workflow Task From Browser Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Complete Workflow Task From Browser Form

Last post 07-23-2009 05:24 AM by testuser. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 07:06 AM

Complete Workflow Task From Browser Form

I've made an InfoPath browser enabled form that needs two levels of approval before it is complete. In a SPD workflow I've used "Collect Data From User" to create an approval task. When the user sees their task there is a radio button for Approve or Reject and a Comments box. Below this is a link to the InfoPath form linked to the task. My boss wants the approver to be able to see all the information (approval and form) at once.

Now I can think of two ways to do this first my preference:

I'd like there to be two buttons, approve and reject on an "Approvers" view of the form. These two buttons would approve or reject whatever task is currently associated with the form. The problem I have run into is when I create a workflow task in SPD the workflow is on hold until the data is collected (i.e. task is complete). This means I can't do anything with the Task ID until after the task is completed. So referencing specific tasks from the form becomes challenging.

Second Option:

Less desirabled but still an option would be to display all the information from the form in the task itself. On the task's aspx page there would be  the information from the form for the approver to review.

• 12-08-2008 06:44 AM In reply to

Re: Complete Workflow Task From Browser Form

Hi

There are webservices available i thought, I need to to find it out.

An alternative to using webservices, is to add a Field in the Main DataSource, call it Workflowstatus.  When clicking on a button in the InfoPath Form, simply change the value of this field to Approved or Rejected.  Then add a small WorkFlow to the Forms Library, saying when this fields changes, set the Action to Set content Approval Status to .......

I implemented this for a customer and it worked,  it also worked yith Nintex WorkFlow

Frederik Van Lierde
    Blue InfoPath Blog  ¦  SilverSands Associate  ¦  Do you follow me already?  ¦  We work smart, not hard

If this article was helpfull, don't forget to rate it, tnx!
  • 07-23-2009 05:24 AM In reply to

Re: Complete Workflow Task From Browser Form

Hi Frederik,

your answer sounds really interesting. But what kind of nintex action do you use? Is it the action
    "Set a condition"?.

I'm afraid that when I use the start up option "Start when items are modified" everytime the form
    will be saved the workflow starts if there is no change of the field "Workflowstatus". Is this correct?
    How can I avoid this?

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.