Infopath DIP to metadata - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath DIP to metadata

Last post 01-13-2009 01:37 AM by svelasco. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2008 01:23 PM

Infopath DIP to metadata

Hello,

I have developed a custom DIP for a Word 2007 template. For one part I have used 3 radio buttons to set a status of either "to all", "general delivery" or "restricted delivery". In order to maintain a document history (for archiving) I would like to copy the option chosen to the document's custom metadata. How would I do this ? I have successfully copied all of the other plain text DIP fields to the metadata, but I cannot get the radio button status to copy over.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Filed under:
  • 12-29-2008 03:18 AM In reply to

• Shiva
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2005
    • India
    • Posts 694

Re: Infopath DIP to metadata

Hello,

What is the data type of your radio button? How do you want to copy the data using Rule or Code?

Can you give more detail on your question?

• 12-30-2008 05:12 AM In reply to

Hi,

Once go through the below links.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb674787.aspx

http://www.thesug.org/blogs/prasadk/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=d07f26b2%2D0d79%2D4798%2D8d7a%2Deaed176b3f9c&ID=3

Hope it will help you.

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 01-13-2009 01:30 AM In reply to

First of all, thank you for your response ! Now to your questions: The data that I want to collect with the radio button is a user choice of "to all", "general delivery" or "restricted delivery", and I would like the choice to be saved as a regular text string to the documents custom properties in a custom field called "status". So the documents metadata (or properties as Word 2007 calls it) would show if this document was "to all", "general delivery" or "restricted delivery". I'm not sure how I would like the data to be copied (i'm not experienced enough to know what would be best). Ideally as simple as possible so that it could be done in either the Word doc. or later in MOSS 2007 and the document later converted to pdf for archiving. Any suggestions as to what would be best (rule/code) would be appreciated.

Thanks again !

• 01-13-2009 01:37 AM In reply to

I also wanted to add that if a radio button makes this situation more difficult, I guess I could also try with a drop down list and get help with how to copy the user choice to the document custom properties. Really, the user choice being available in the metadata is the important part, not the radio button.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.