Setting specific repeating table row value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Setting specific repeating table row value

Last post 07-27-2011 05:21 AM by ChuckP. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2008 05:40 AM

Setting specific repeating table row value

Hi,

Hope someone can help? I have a table where I'm trying to log a history of approval stages. The table builds as the form is reviewed and I want the 'history' value to reflect the choice made by the reviewer, which is outside the table. Several other fields in each row get input from the user e.g. date, name etc. Each reviewer adds a newline each time - so the log builds. I tried setting the history field to reflect the value of the select button, however, it changes the history value in each row of the table (which is not what I need). I need the last row to hold the selected option each time the form is submitted. Submitting is done via a button, which displays messages, sets values and send emails. The table is in a group so I can control when it's displayed - (it's in a group because I can't remove the header row by conditional formatting!)

Filed under:
  • 09-08-2008 10:56 PM In reply to

Re: Setting specific repeating table row value

You would want to use a filter to specify the exact row, otherwise all rows are updated.

Depending on how you are doing it you may be able to reference the current() row.

• 09-09-2008 04:15 AM In reply to

Clay - thanks for the lead, but I'm still stuck!! - I'm fairly new to Infopath! - I'm using 2003.

I've tried both the following xpaths in the table History field hoping to get the Select_approve_option to appear - but no good.

1.  current()/../my:Initial_PIN_Review/my:Review_history/my:History = ../../my:Select_approve_option

2.  current()/my:myFields/my:Initial_PIN_Review/my:Review_history/my:History = /my:myFields/my:Initial_PIN_Review/my:Select_approve_option

Initial_PIN_Review is a group containing the repeating table Review_history and the Select_approve_option (an option button) - my:History is a field in the table.

Again thanks for your help.

• 09-17-2008 04:29 AM In reply to

I have managed to do this by using the master/detail table feature. I changed the detail section to just one of the row fields and set it to be an option button - works a treat!

Thanks

• 07-27-2011 05:21 AM In reply to

• ChuckP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-25-2011
    • Posts 4

Hello,

IAM NEW TO INFOPATH: having issue..I want to populate a repeating table with existing sharepoint list that contains duplicate entires in 2 of 5 columns.
                                          and create an additional dropdown with four indepent choices for each row of the repeating table and save to another sharepoint list.

.                                     an you help????

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.