Cascading Dropdown pairs using the same DataConnection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cascading Dropdown pairs using the same DataConnection

Last post 08-27-2008 01:55 AM by remeto. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2008 01:31 AM

• remeto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Posts 9

Cascading Dropdown pairs using the same DataConnection

I have cascading drop-down list boxes for District - City names. First i select the district and then City dropdown refreshes. I have no problem  with doing this. I have DataConnection for getting Districts and Cities. And i bind dropdowns using them. The problem is there is 5 of "District-City" dropdownlist pairs in my form. And all of them use the same DataConnections. So when i change the district in one of them, all of the City dropdowns reloads. So as you realize drop-down pairs do not match when i select different Districts. I dont't want to use a diffrerent DataConnection for per dropdownlist. Is there a way to do it with one District DataConnection, one City DataConnection and multiple District-City dropdown pairs.

Thank you....

remeto

• 08-27-2008 01:38 AM In reply to

Re: Cascading Dropdown pairs using the same datasource

Hi,

One way is bind the drop down lists to the main data source with different fields. and use the external data source(District/City) to get the vaues in the drop down. 

Hope this helps you. 

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 08-27-2008 01:55 AM In reply to

• remeto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Posts 9

Re: Cascading Dropdown pairs using the same datasource

Sorry I confisued the dataconnection and datasource. I edited my post. My problem is about cascading dropdownlists using the same Dataconnections.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.