How to Bind a sharepoint list data to a checkbox list in infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to Bind a sharepoint list data to a checkbox list in infopath form

Last post 07-14-2008 07:11 AM by Anuma. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2008 09:19 AM

How to Bind a sharepoint list data to a checkbox list in infopath form

Hi,

I am trying to bind a sharepoint list data to a checkbox list in a infopath form.

when i use the repeating section with control and bind it to the sp list, its generating the checkbox list with the number of columns and text of the check box is rendered as the name of the column.

Has anyone implemented similar stuff

Thanks in advance

• 07-13-2008 11:40 PM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Re: How to Bind a sharepoint list data to a checkbox list in infopath form

Hi,

1. Create one Checkbox (Yes/no) field and test field in Sharepoint list.
    2. Open InfoPath form in design mode and add the share point list as sharepoint data connection.
    3. Create one repeating section in the form.
    4. Add one check box field and one expression box to UI.
    5. Now change the Repeating section binding to secondary data source repeating node. (This repeating node will be parent for those two fields we have added in share point list)
    6. Also change the check box and expression boxes binding to secondary data source fields. (Check box should be bind to check box field in secondary dom and expression box should be bind to text field in the secondary dom)

These fields are bind to secondary Dom. So, You need to restore those values in OnLoad while opening a form. Otherwise you will not see the modified values in the submitted form.

I hope this will help you.

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
  • 07-14-2008 06:06 AM In reply to

You need to restore those values in OnLoad while opening a form, What did you mean by the sentence?

I am having difficulties on holding the value on the expression box, when the check box is checked the value on the expression bar changes to either yes or no dependant on the check box value.

How do i retain the value of the expression box.

• 07-14-2008 07:11 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Hi,

I think you have bind two fields (Check box and expression box) to the Check box node in secondary Dom only. Can you please verify the binding for expression box field and change the binding to text node in the secondary Dom?

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.