filter data source from code - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

filter data source from code

Last post 06-25-2008 04:08 AM by bogdantc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2008 02:42 AM

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

filter data source from code

hi all,

i already have the feeling that i am pushing the limits of InfoPath way beyond it's designers imagination but unfortunately i really have to do it ...

i have the followings:

1. one external data source let's say : item 1, item 2, item 3 (and many more items if you want)

2. one repeating table with a dropdownlist in it and that dropdownlist is bound to my external data source.

the problem: every time i insert a new item in the repeating table i want the dropdownlist to contain the values that were not previously selected. i still did not figure it out how should i treat a change of the first item after the second one was selected ....

a short example (later edit: what is bellow should have been 2 dropdownlists): 

Item 1
    Item 2Item 3
    Able was I ere I saw Elba
  • 06-25-2008 03:22 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Re: filter data source from code

Hi,

Please verify the "Add a uniqueness filter to the Year drop-down list:" condition in the following link.

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/greg/archive/2005/07/14/Create-a-Repeating-Cascading-List-from-a-Flat-Data-Source.aspx

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
  • 06-25-2008 04:08 AM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

Re: filter data source from code

Hi Anuma,

In that post is described the functionality of the "Show only entries with unique display name" check box which unfortunately is not helping me. Remaining at that example if I select a Year when I choose Insert item the next repeating row must not contain a dropdownlist with the previous Year values.

From what I see I really need to access and iterate through each item of the dropdrownlist and also to access the external datasource items. I am thinking of creating an array with datasource valid items and to bind them manually to the dropdownlist. I am somehow confused about how this should really look at the end cause I see no programmable solution :(

Able was I ere I saw Elba
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.