Sign Infopath 2007 Form Data with .NET Framework 2.0 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sign Infopath 2007 Form Data with .NET Framework 2.0

Last post 12-16-2008 09:56 AM by aich02. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2008 04:11 AM

Sign Infopath 2007 Form Data with .NET Framework 2.0

Hi!

I'm trying to sign a Infopath 2007 form with a specific certificate. So I use the Digital Signature Wizard just to select the parts of the document to be signed (currently whole document) and then try to sign the form according to the Signature template I captured from Infopath by .NET managed code.

I obtain the signature template using the e.SignedDataBlock.Signatures.CreateSignature() Method in the Sign Event of Infopath. And then use this template to sign the form with the sample code found in "Adding Digital Signatures to Form Data in InfoPath 2003 Using MSXML 5.0 or .NET Framework Managed Code" at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb608325(office.11).aspx.

Now I've the problem, that the document signed, can't be verified via Infopath. When I open the form in Infopath and verify the signature the Certificate information is set to ??? and the form status is invalid.

Does anybody know, which information is used to verify the document (the Signature is valid when verified with another tool). What might be the problem or which differences can be to the signature processed with Infopath 2007 itself? Are there structural conditions that must be used met (e.g. Infopath inserts the Signature value and KeyInfo in blocks of only 72 symbols in one line)?

Thanks for any detail that may help.

Best Regards,
      Melanie

• 04-29-2008 01:32 PM In reply to

Re: Sign Infopath 2007 Form Data with .NET Framework 2.0

Maybe the issue is with the signing certificate itself? Have you tried using the InfoPath editor UI to sign a test form (rather than do it via code)? It might help identify an issue with the certificate.

• 05-05-2008 12:15 AM In reply to

I've no troubles signing the form with the InfoPath editor UI with the certificate I want to use for programatically signing as well.

Best Regards,
     Melanie

• 05-05-2008 03:39 PM In reply to

Someone else will probably have to jump in and help here.

So far as I know you cannot force a signature programmatically because that would negate the "choice" of the user as to whether or not to sign the form. As I understand it you will not be able to do what you want.

• 05-06-2008 12:40 AM In reply to

As I see my scenario I don't need to force the signature via Infopath. The user starts the signing process in Infopath so that I can capture the signature template provided by the Signatures class. This template and the Infopath form is the input for my tool. And there i use the .NET Framework to sign the form according to the template i captured from Infopath. As stated in the article referenced in my original post, this should be possible. My code is doing a signature but when i open my signed form with infopath, infopath states the signature as invalid and the certificate used as ???.

• 05-20-2008 05:50 AM In reply to

Does anybody have any idea!!! I'm happy about an hint!

• 12-16-2008 09:56 AM In reply to

• aich02
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2008
    • Posts 1

I actually need something to this effect.

I want the user to click a button and the form will be signed without opening up the wizard to select different certs and add comments etc.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.