Infopath Error: Infopath cannot create a new, blank form... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath Error: Infopath cannot create a new, blank form...

Last post 01-14-2010 03:13 AM by Lindie. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2008 05:11 PM

Infopath Error: Infopath cannot create a new, blank form...

A colleague sent me a form via e-mail and upon attempting to open it, I received this error...

"Infopath cannot create a new, blank form.
    Infopath cannot open the form.  To fix this problem, contact your system administrator."

When I click on "Show Details" this is what I see...

"Form template: C:\Documents and Settings\lalato\My Documents\InfoPath Forms\Start_Form_Tables.xsn
    There is an error in the form's cache. To correct the error, open the form again."

I checked the MS Knowledgebase, but couldn't find anything that pertained to this particular error...  though I did find some similar ones.  I tried the various workarounds listed, but I still can't open the report.  Any suggestions?

--sam

• 04-15-2008 05:19 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath Error: Infopath cannot create a new, blank form...

Hi Sam.

InfoPath XML files need the template they were created with to display the data.

This error is because you do not have access to the published location of the template or the template has not been published.

If you were sent an .xsn template, save it locally, and then right click and select design.

If it is XML then you need the template.

• 04-15-2008 06:57 PM In reply to

Thanks, Clay.  That worked.

I'm such a newb.  :D

Thanks again,
    --sam

• 01-11-2010 08:44 AM In reply to

Do any one know the answer why an infopath form would get stuck in a opening loop that repeats a file download??  I was trying to open the form

Filed under:
  • 01-14-2010 03:13 AM In reply to

Hi, Clay

I v got the same prb to worry, and I DONT have sharepoint at all. I m designing a form for multiple fillers within a domain.

So I decided to take "public folder" as the alternative. Save the template XSN file in the public folder thru exchange manager(part of exchange server), let the filler to go to outlook2007, find the file, and open it as a form, fill the part which they are allowed to, and pass it down to the next filler by email as an attachment to fill.

and I dont want my fillers to have the experience like "subject re:" I hate to think they have to open a template thru design, instead of open an form by a click.

Before I act, I m looking forward to some ideas from experts.

All ideas are welcome.

Cheers!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.