Picture Button Control Question. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Picture Button Control Question.

Last post 01-22-2009 08:43 AM by vickie. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2008 07:08 AM

Picture Button Control Question.

Hi

I have been using Greg's blog http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/greg/archive/2005/06/08/Create-a-Picture-Button.aspx.  I have managed to create my buttons and see my picture on them.  I followed them diligently as I don't have any knowledge in this area.

My images are two jpg from Microsoft's clip art gallery - flags of 2 different nations.  When I open my form I only see the top corner of the image. How can I scale the picture to be the same size as the button?

Catharine

• 04-04-2008 07:58 AM In reply to

Re: Picture Button Control Question.

You need to format the images in a image editing program to the size you want them for your buttons, probably pretty tiny. :)

• 04-07-2008 10:24 AM In reply to

Thank you.  I have made them big buttons - 159*199 and they work really well - certainly looks more professional than just an ordinary button - Saves me having to translate the Button into different languages as well.

Catharine

• 01-21-2009 04:58 PM In reply to

Hi Clay,

I have created some button controls in my form. How can I print the button control on the form?  It shows on the form when I fill it out, but when I try to print the form, the button control just disappeared.  Did I miss anything?

Thanks,

Vickie

Filed under:
  • 01-21-2009 05:36 PM In reply to

Hi Vickie.

Buttons do not print.

However, best practice is to vreate a seperate view for printing anyway.  Typically views optimized for the screen do not print well.

So create a new view called print

Go into the view properties of the view you want to print from and set the new view to be the view to print

Highlight all of the controls on the view you want to replicate

Copy and paste all the controls on to the new view

Tweek the view to fit the page, in your case create a expression control and use borders and formatting to replicate what the button looks like, and you have it.

• 01-22-2009 08:43 AM In reply to

Hi Clay,

Thanks so much for the tips.  I will give it a try

Vickie 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.