Integrating Infopath 2003 with a SQl database - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Integrating Infopath 2003 with a SQl database

Last post 02-18-2009 10:59 PM by Patrick Halstead. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2008 11:59 AM

Integrating Infopath 2003 with a SQl database

I have a database on a SQL 2003 server with a SPC call "sprGetAppDesc"

To get the proper result I need to pass into it "strAppNum" and it will return "egaDescription".

I have followed every example I can find on how best to do this and get no actual working result.  The data source is call "Application_Info".

I have been able to do this with Studio but no luck with Infopath.  I have tried to use some of the examples but most of them use the java script.  Does anyone have any good vbscript I can follow for connected to the secondary data source, and passing in a variable to a sproc to get some values back???

Filed under: ,
  • 03-31-2008 01:26 PM In reply to

Re: Integrating Infopath 2003 with a SQl database

Welcome to the forum.

There may be some code here but best practice is to use a web service rather than a stored procedure.

If you would like to see some examples of database interaction via web services send me an email and I could show you.

• 04-22-2008 10:42 PM In reply to

Hi,

Iam using Infopath 2007 and MOS 2007.

I want to create browser enabled infopath form and integrate with sharepoint.

The form should be able to retrieve data from and insert data to sql server 2005 database.

You have specified that web services can help. Please give samples.

Please contact me through email.

subhashinip2008@yahoo.co.in

Thank you,

Subhashini.P

• 07-02-2008 07:27 AM In reply to

Hi Clay,

Could you also email the example to me? I am having the same issue with needing to submit a web enabled infopath form to a SQL database. I am pretty green at this. Any help that you could provide would be awesome.

Thanks for the help! Love the site.

Thanks,

Chad

csingleton44@gmail.com

• 02-18-2009 03:32 PM In reply to

Hi Clay,

Can you please email me the examples.

I want to use the value of a field (Product Name) in infopath form, in a SQL query. For Example If the value of Product Name is "WebApp", i want to execute 

Select productID from Product  where productName='WebApp'

And then i want to use the output of SQL query to insert the value in other table.

I am using Infopath 2007 and SQL Server 2005. I have created a ASP.NET WebService to submit data.

yashchhoker@gmail.com

Thanks,

• 02-18-2009 10:59 PM In reply to

Hi Ychhoker,

Have you looked at Jo-Anne Alfafara's video on how to do this using our Web Service Solution Pack (and our Query Builder tool)? It's pretty simple. Should take you less than an hour to get it working. Check it out: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/video_demos/entry35250.aspx 

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.