Errors while switching views - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Errors while switching views

Last post 11-06-2008 04:55 AM by rajagk1984. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2008 11:11 AM

• mbuob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-29-2008
    • Posts 4

Errors while switching views

I have started getting errors while switching views through the browser.  The default view loads fine.  There are no errors when publishing the form.  But I get the "The Form has been closed" message when switching views.  The SharePoint logs show this series of errors when I get that message from the browser.

Exception DataObject constructor failure System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 1, position 16737.     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String arg)     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32& colonPos)     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()     at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)     at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)     at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preser... 

• 03-27-2008 04:15 PM In reply to

Re: Errors while switching views

The failure is happening in the ParseQName() method. QName stands for Qualified Name. Are you doing anything in code, like adding new nodes into your DOM? If so, then check to make sure that they are naming the nodes valid names.

• 03-27-2008 08:41 PM In reply to

• mbuob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-29-2008
    • Posts 4

Greg,

I am adding/deleting rows to repeating tables.

• 03-28-2008 08:02 AM In reply to

• mbuob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-29-2008
    • Posts 4

Greg,

I have 2 repeating tables on a view and I have 2 drop down boxes using the first column of these 2 repeating tables as the data source.  I backed out all the changes I made and when I set these 2 data sources is when I get the error message.

• 03-28-2008 04:59 PM In reply to

What do you mean by "when I set these 2 data sources" ?

• 03-29-2008 06:37 PM In reply to

• mbuob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-29-2008
    • Posts 4

Greg,

It looks like the problem ended up being from a secondary data source that was no longer used by the form.  I don't know why that would cause the form to error out, but removing the unused secondary data source did the trick. 

• 03-31-2008 03:52 PM In reply to

I'm glad to hear you figured it out and got it working! Thanks for letting us know!

• 11-06-2008 04:55 AM In reply to

Hi i am facing the same problem with the secondary datasource, But the nodename are looking good.

The secondary datasource is used for collecting the name of the items in a sharepointlibrary and i am using c# code to generate a filename and check whether it is alredy in the list an set a flag value.

i am using the following code to check the name: 

XPathNavigator FileName = secDS.SelectSingleNode("/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:my_lib[@Title = '" + New_FileName + "'][@Approval_Status = 2]", NamespaceManager);

when a button is clicked it switches views based on the flagvalue.Then the error appears.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.