repeating table and radio buttons - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

repeating table and radio buttons

Last post 01-08-2008 11:38 AM by boverton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2007 12:36 PM

repeating table and radio buttons

Hello,

I've created a browswer enabled form for users to rank items 1 to 5.   Since the items will change often I'm storing them in a sharepoint list so end users can modify them and the list will be created dynamically.    I've created a repeating table that pulls in the items from a data connection, this works great.   However I add a radio button (1 thru 5) in the second column and when I select a value in one row all the rows have the same value.    I read something about the radio button needing to be bound to the repeating table but since that is from the secondary data source it won't let me bind to that.    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Brad Overton

• 01-03-2008 08:28 AM In reply to

Re: repeating table and radio buttons

Hi Brad,

I need to know a little bit more about your schema here, but this seems like it should work without much trouble.

If you have a table like this:

Item

-- Items

----Name

----Rating

Where the Items is a repeating table that is populated from the SharePoint list, then you will just bind the 5 option buttons to each of the rating nodes.

Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 01-08-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: repeating table and radio buttons

Hello and thank you for the response.   I thought I had this figured out by doing what you said by adding the rating column to the secondary data source.    This added the fields but they were then uneditable.   I then added a default value in the secondary data source which made them editiable on the form but then they don't retain the values when you submit the form.   HELP!!!

Secondary data source is:

/dfs:myFields

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:JAQ_Skills_List

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:JAQ_Skills_List/@Skill_Category

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:JAQ_Skills_List/@Skill_Name

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:JAQ_Skills_List/@SkillLevel

To add that as a repeating table to my form I just dragged it onto the form. 

Thanks,

Brad

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.