infopath + workflow + approvers - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

infopath + workflow + approvers

Last post 12-13-2007 09:15 AM by Shiraz Cupala. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2007 09:14 AM

infopath + workflow + approvers

Hi,

What i want to do is kick start a workflow based ont he user in a drop down list on my form i build with infopath.

I have list of managers in a drop down list, i create new form i pick my manager and it will start the workflow and assign it to the manager i select from the drop down list in my form.

This will work for my purchase order system, i raise a PO i pick who i wnt to approve it from the drop down list they get e-mailed.

How can i configure this>?

• 12-12-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: infopath + workflow + approvers

You have SharePoint 2007?

Several ways this can be done depending on how elaborate your workflow is.

In its simplest you can create an email submit and email the form to the manager selected.

There is a more robust, packaged work flow included in the Database AcceleratorQdabra Database Accelerator Suite Version 2.1 - Developer

Or you can use the WorkFlow functionality in MOSS 2007.

Filed under:
  • 12-12-2007 11:39 AM In reply to

I use moss 2007 but have no idea how to set infopath form up to kick of workflow when i select the approver. 

• 12-12-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

I have not done it in MOSS yet but I am sure there are tutorials available on the web or on Microsoft's site.  I believe there is a configuration within MOSS itself where you set the triggers and routing.

• 12-12-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

i can't find much on how to do it but i know it's possible.

if you can find anything let me know please.

• 12-12-2007 03:29 PM In reply to

Workflow can be based off of fields in your form. You need to set the field as a promoted property. Then that field will be exposed in SharePoint and you can customize the MOSS2007 workflow to queue off of that field when the document is saved. I don't know how to do that part on SharePoint itself but I know you have to use SharePoint Designer to customize the workflow. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Shiraz Cupala / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 12-13-2007 03:32 AM In reply to

When i update the fields in the property promotion option and then upgrade/upload my form on form services.
    the columns that it has don't change.

Anyone got away around this?

• 12-13-2007 09:15 AM In reply to

It may be that the view doesn't change, but the new columns should be there. Try to customize the view and see if the additional columns are present but just not selected.

Shiraz Cupala / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.