'The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized' on first run - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

'The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized' on first run

Last post 01-04-2008 12:55 AM by stumbler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2007 11:15 PM

'The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized' on first run

The following message appears on opening my form.

The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized: OrganisationUnit
    The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: OrganisationUnit
    InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    InfoPath either cannot connect to the data source or the service has timed out.

The mentioned DataObject is a secondary datasource on my form. The datasource retrieves data from a webservice created with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edtition.

This message appears only when the form is opened the first time. If you reopen it immediatly eveything works fine.

Any suggestions?

Hans.
    Infopath 2003 / Jscript
  • 01-03-2008 08:52 AM In reply to

Re: 'The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized' on first run

Hi Hans,

Depending on the load on the server, the web service might be taking longer than expected to serve the pages.  Also, if it is the first time to load the web service since it was updated, it will take a time to compile the code with the JIT compiler and serve it to the client.

You could try increasing the timeout on the web service data connection in your form to elimintate the error.

Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 01-04-2008 12:55 AM In reply to

Re: 'The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized' on first run

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.

Hans.
    Infopath 2003 / Jscript
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.