Custom workflow using IP form and selecting data from List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Custom workflow using IP form and selecting data from List

Last post 12-04-2007 02:12 PM by Clay Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2007 12:11 PM

Custom workflow using IP form and selecting data from List

I have a custom workflow that I'm building and the InfoPath form the user fills out is a broswer based form.  There is a requirement to present a drop down list of choices that is based on a SharePoint list within the same site as the form library.  While this is easy enough, I need to be able to filter the list down to list items that match a defined criteria.  Based, as a means of filling out the form, the user is required to pick a department.  Doing so needs to cause the drop down to be filled with list items for that department.  I know that I will have to have a department column in the list, but how should I go about querying the list for specific items?  Keep in mind, the list would contain over 600 items.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 12-04-2007 02:12 PM In reply to

Re: Custom workflow using IP form and selecting data from List

You cannot query a secondary data connection, but you can use filters.  It will pull all 600 each time but you can only display the ones you want with a filter. 

So you would want to filter the data for your drop down where department name = the department selected by the user.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.