Text Box calculation on a Repeating Section - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Text Box calculation on a Repeating Section

Last post 01-07-2008 07:50 AM by Matt Faus. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2007 01:09 PM

• Galford
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-12-2007
    • Puerto Rico
    • Posts 7

Text Box calculation on a Repeating Section

I have a form based on a SQL database. On the form I'm trying to calculate a value on a text box inside a repeating section. I'm not using a Expression Box because I need to store this value. I've been trying the current() function but somehow didn't work. On the first row it claculate the value, but on the second it didn't

The row has 4 columns. One of them is input and the other 2, I can make calculation using functions on the Default Value of the textboxes. For some reason I'm also receiving error when the calculations are done. On one row it'll accept decimal values (current) and in the next one it'll say that the data is invalid.On the last one I can't make the calculation. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Do or Do not...there is no try.
  • 01-07-2008 07:50 AM In reply to

Re: Text Box calculation on a Repeating Section

Hi Galford,

Instead of default value formulas on the receiving nodes, try adding Rules on the "sending" nodes.  Add a rule on the node that the user types into that runs the calculation and then sets the value of the other nodes.

I know this is kind of weird, but this is just a nuance of doing calculations in repeating sections.  Sometimes the default value works, but Rules usually works better.

Hope this helps!

Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.