How to disable submit email dialog or cancel button on this dialog - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to disable submit email dialog or cancel button on this dialog

Last post 11-02-2007 12:48 PM by adamrharding. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2007 07:35 AM

• chudq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Posts 13

How to disable submit email dialog or cancel button on this dialog

I am using Data Connection to submit email by Rules defined in a button. That is, when the button is clicked, one of submit actions is called to send an email. The problem is that a dialog window is displayed and there is a Cancel button on it. Client may cancel the action. As a result, actions defined after this submit email action are not called.

It looks like that the Cancel caused an exception. How can I disable this dialog window or disable the cancel button so that I can prevent client to cancel this action? If it is impossible, is there any way I can detect or capture the exception so that I could ignore it?

• 10-23-2007 01:15 PM In reply to

Re: How to disable submit email dialog or cancel button on this dialog

Unfortunately there is no way to disable this dialog. This is because it is a security precaution to prevent email viruses from spreading through un-trusted InfoPath forms. The rule is that for untrusted code to send email the enduser must manually confirm the send.

If you want to send email without any dialogs you would have to do this through code and make the form full trust (codesign or MSI) so that it can access email in a trusted state. Then you can fully control the experience.

Shiraz Cupala / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 11-01-2007 10:13 AM In reply to

• chudq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Posts 13

Thanks for your information. How can I get my form digitally signed or secured? If I get the form secured, I can use the same data connection to send email without dialog confirmation, is that right?

• 11-01-2007 10:45 AM In reply to

• chudq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Posts 13

I find a way to set the form digitally signed. Open Form's option, there is tab for Digitally Signatures. I set entire form signed. One section of signature1 is created on the form. However, when I click the submit button, which will apply a rule to send email, the confirmation dialog window is still displayed. What should I do to disable the confirmation?

• 11-01-2007 12:25 PM In reply to

Hi

To remove this diaogue box you also need to make the form fully-trusted, this is a complicated process that involves the client having to download the template to their local machine so that it has explicit rights over all aspects of the PC's software, then Outlook TRUSTS InfoPath when it asks for an email.

Fully-trusting your form also means it is much more awkward to update and does present other limitations.  If you still want to go ahead with it you can do it manually, though I wouldn't advise it, instead download the SDK for InfoPath that has regform.exe on it a command line tool that registers the form locally into your trusted publishers so that it is fully trusted.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
  • 11-01-2007 04:22 PM In reply to

• chudq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-15-2007
    • Posts 13

I tried to set my form fully trusted by code signing. I followed the steps in Robert's blog (http://thorprojects.com/blog/archive/2007/06/30/670.aspx). However, I still get the confirmation dialog window when submit sending emails. As Adam said, it may be the issue between OutLook TRUSTS InfoPath. I am not sure how to use the regform.exe to set my form fully trusted on SharePoint site. Can you show me an example command? Thanks for all the advices!

• 11-02-2007 12:48 PM In reply to

Hello again

RegForm.exe is a command-line tool that has to be activated from the path where the regform.exe is installed.  Google regform.exe for a more complete description than I can give you here.

In fact full documentation for the regform.exe tool is given at the following URL

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa662314(office.11).aspx

Plus for a greater understanding of full-trust have a look at the following web site for an explanation of the pro's and cons

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa662309(office.11).aspx

Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.