Access Denied problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Access Denied problem

Last post 04-02-2008 08:29 AM by Alphamax. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2007 09:59 PM

    Access Denied problem

    Hi,

    When working in InfoPath 2007, my form uses the ADservice, this works fine when in design mode, but when the form is published to

    my SharePoint services 3 site and then used as a content type, I receive the following error on the client InfoPath application:-

     

    The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: GetMyInfo
    InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    Access is denied.

    Could you please let me know what to check?

     Thanks, Kevin.

  • 08-21-2007 07:13 AM In reply to

    Hey Kevin,

    Have you tried publishing the form to a file share and having others open it to make sure your setup is correct?  This is probbaly a good troubleshooting step to see if it is specific to SharePoint or not.

    I am not real clear on what you mean by publishing to SharePoint and using as a content type but the error suggests that you do not have access to the service for some reason. One thing to check is to make sure that your DBXL server's URL Is set up in Internet Explorer as a Trusted or Intranet site. Also check the user's permissions in IIS on the DBXL server.

    Keep us posted on your progress.

  • 08-21-2007 07:20 PM In reply to

    Hi Clay,

    Thanks for your response, I published the form to a network share and my laptop gave me a connection to ADservice, but when I tried another PC using another account it gave 'Access Denied'. The ADservice is running on a server that has no SharePoint installation, so it's fairly basic, I'm not familar with IIS permissions etc, could you possibly give me a step by step check for looking at the permissions in ADservice?

     Also I have noticed when connecting to the ADUserInfo.asmx page, it mentions that 'This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.' Should this be changed? and if so, how? Not sure if this maybe the cause of the 'access denied' problem.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Kevin. 

  • 09-09-2007 09:59 PM In reply to

    Hi Kevin,

    Per our e-mail exchange, I believe you resolved this issue.

     

    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 04-01-2008 08:05 AM In reply to

    I have a similar situation that I need some help with.

    I have several InfoPath forms that I support and have worked just fine until yesterday. Now when the form opens up people get an error message saying

    Form template: http://sharepoint/siteurl/Forms/template.xsn

    Access Denied

    The strange thing about this is that even I sometimes get this error message off and on. I have full control on the all SharePoint sites and all associated data connections. Every one in my organization has at least read access to all sites and document libraries. Also this is happening to multiple forms and multiple user, no standard pattern. Some users can access the forms and some cant access any forms. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    @lphamax
  • 04-01-2008 08:13 PM In reply to

    Hi Alphamax,

    Does this happen consistently or only sometimes?  Do you have DBXL installed alongside SharePoint, or are you just trying to pull the form template down from SharePoint?  What has changed since yesterday?

     Sorry for the questions, I'm just not sure how to begin debugging your problem.  Maybe the following link will help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823278

    http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=145

    Matt Faus / Microsoft InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra® Software / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 04-02-2008 08:29 AM In reply to

    To answer your questions
    This happend consistently with few users and only sometimes with others, and not at all for some.
    We are trying to pull the template down from sharepoint.
    Not much has changed on the infopath side. Another theory we have is that maybe some patches that got pushed out (however this was a week ago)

    we have run into the issues talked about in those article you sent, but that’s when an account is deleted in AD and recreated with a new SID this was usually an accidental restore. After this happened a few times we got the AD "restore account" procedures changed to also restore the original account SID. When this problem happens, the user cannot access *any* SharePoint site they had previously visited. This is definitely not what we’re experiencing with the InoPath forms

    Thanks

    @lphamax
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.