Calculation Fields - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Calculation Fields

Last post 07-31-2007 02:28 PM by Greg Collins. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2007 07:52 AM

Calculation Fields

Hi

At the moment I am very unskilled at this..... Because I am trying to get to the bottom of how things work, and am not confident in doing multiple steps in one, I am tending to create calculation fields so that I can show the working. 

eg when comparing translation of x against the translation of y - instead of doing it in one step I create a field (a) for the translation of x and a field (b) for the translation of y and then compare a and b...

These calculation fields (in theory) help me find the source of problems - but they also contaminate my main data source.  As I understand it I cannot put values into a secondary data source - is that correct - is there any way round the problem of seeing interim values of calculations?  I know as I get better at this stuff (feels like a million years time at the moment,)  I will not use them as much, but I wondered if there was a better way.

Catharine

• 07-31-2007 02:28 PM In reply to

Instead of using default value formulas, you can use rules to set those secondary data source fields with the translated values when the original field gets updated.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.